A young and dynamic contractor require a Design Coordinator to join their growing team.
Working on projects across England on a mix of M&E, Energy and Utility projects across Commercial, Educational, Industrial and Residential works.
Coordinating project plans, drawings and designs to assist with the Preconstruction Manager.
My client is an energy infrastructure specialist based in the North West and operating across the UK.
They have an in-house design and delivery team which enables the company to provide their clients will full turn-key solutions.
The company offers their partners Energy Management, Renewable, Utilities and M&E Services.
Based in their North West head office you will be reporting to the companies Preconstruction Manager – coordinating project plans, drawings and designs this will require someone to maintain the drawing registers and liaise with suppliers when needed.
The key purpose of this role is to oversee the coordination of the design and technical matters and provide support for the preconstruction and operation teams, ensuring team members are up to date, information is rerecorded registers maintained.
Your duties in this role will include (but not be limited to):-
- Coordinating designs, drawings and miscellaneous information for electrical, mechanical, ventilation and energy projects;
- Coordination of the external design team and specialist consultants to ensure that all documents and files are provided and accounted for, and filed appropriately;
- Review and analyse design drawings, specifications and details for compliance, buildability and value engineering options throughout the design process;
- Attend supplier and subcontractor meetings as required;
- Keep up to date with correct building products and techniques, current building regulations and relevant supplementary legislation that may impact the performance of the required duties;
- Forward thinking, self-initiative and motivation are needed to liaise with multiple teams on design and preconstruction related enquiries;
- Considering health and safety risks in the design and financial risks;
- Presenting ideas effectively and confidently in meetings and one-on-one situations.
Skills & Experience Required
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working as an Assistant Design Coordinator or Design Administrator in the construction or energy industries;
- Administrative experience;
- Familiarity with mechanical, electrical and ventilation drawings/plans;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite;
- Using AutoCAD (not essential);
- Knowledge of operational/project delivery;
- Ability to build relationships and interact effectively with all stakeholders;
- Effective at presentations and group meetings;
- Have vision, commitment and enthusiasm.