Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working in partnership with a forward thinking Global manufacturing business based in Derby. The business works in a variety of industries including, but not limited to; Aerospace, Defence and Oil and Gas. They are currently searching for an experienced Quality Engineer to join their expanding team.
The Derbyshire based manufacturing business provides manufacturing overhauls and repairs for a variety of industries. They work alongside OEMs to ensure provision of high quality products, using the most advanced manufacturing techniques and solutions. The business has grown significantly over the last 3 years with a UK turnover of circa £25 million and global turnover over £1billion. The business pride themselves on their high quality, innovative products so a skilled Quality Engineer will be an integral part of the team.
The successful candidate will work as a Quality Engineer, acting alongside the Quality Manager and existing team to carry out product testing, root cause analysis and a range of other activities throughout the site, ensuring high quality standards are maintained.
The key responsibilities for the Derbyshire based Quality Engineer will be:
- Apply quality analysis and improvement tools, to ensure the high quality standards on site are maintained
- Lead on containment activities and subsequent problem resolution to ensure any quality issues are effectively managed, with minimal disruption to customers
- Resolving technical issues and verification of corrective actions, to ensure products meet customer specification and compliance with AS9100 and other relevant quality standards
- Working with CMM equipment, understanding and interpreting engineering drawings, as required, to ensure products are within tolerance
- Supporting the Manufacturing team to ensure there is a strong quality ethos across departments
- Degree or HND qualification in Engineering discipline – or equivalent experience preferred
- Technical competency, with ability to interpret engineering drawings essential – preferably from an aerospace or automotive environment
- A working knowledge of AS9100 and ITAF/TS16949 quality standards – with demonstrable knowledge and experience of QMS implementation and maintenance of existing procedures/activities
- Experience of working with CMM Equipment, manual measurement using general inspection tools and equipment e.g. micrometres, gauges, surface finish meters
- A team player with good interpersonal skills, willing to be flexible and engage with shop floor activities
Competitive salary plus package